Diplo is the metaphorical music blender and arguably the best-travelled man in the business. Whether it’s through a party in NYC with Kanye West or a show in Jamaica with Skerrit Bwoy the Mad Decent General manages to make himself known. Today he’s put out his first solo release since 2004 and as expected it is effortlessly knocking down the established genre barriers while simultaneously taking the dancehall movement to new levels. So what’s Thomas Wesley’s secret to success? Writer Jon Tanners insists it’s his ability to “[take] regional dance music from America and around the globe and [add] polish and pyrotechnics for a wider audience” and we couldn’t agree more. That being said, his music isn’t for everyone but (even if you aren’t a fan) you’ve got to respect the man’s hustle – he’s produced for the likes of Beyoncé, Tiesto, Lil Wayne, A.R. Rahman, Justin Bieber, Wale, and Chris Brown. Who else can top that?
1. Express Yourself (feat. Nicky Da B)
2. Barely Standing (feat. Datsik & Sabi)
3. No Problem (feat. Flinch & My Name Is Kay)
4. Move Around (feat. Elephant Man & GTA)
5. Butters Theme (feat. Billy The Gent & Long Jawns)
6. Set It Off (feat. Lazerdisk Party Sex)