1. THE LINEUP: It goes without saying that EDC draws in an incredibly large and diverse lineup. From the pop-house stylings of David Guetta to the frenzied, dark beats of the Q-dance stage – you will inevitably be able to catch most of your favorite acts, while also discovering new forms of EDM.
2. THE VIEW: Whether you’re walking into the stands at the LV Motor Speedway, sitting on top of the Ferris Wheel, or dancing at one of the 7 stages, EDC promises breathtaking views and stunning visuals in every direction.
3. THE PEOPLE: As Pasquale Rotella, CEO of Insomniac likes to point out: the real stars of EDC are you guys! Festival goers are encouraged to dress in over-the-top, weird, wacky costumes for the event… which makes for some pretty terrific people watching. From fishnets & pasties, to tree people, and everything in-between, you’re going to be impressed by the many characters you see.
4. THE FIREWORKS: The pyrotechnics at EDC are truly on another level; they can be seen every night from all stages, and create a jaw-dropping backdrop for the already-insane stage effects.
5. THE MAINSTAGE: You’ve never witnessed anything like it (at least not in North America). The ENORMOUS multi-layer display has a way of sucking you in, as if you’re hurdling through space. It’s totally overwhelming, in a good way.
6: THE RIDES: What many festivals are lacking, are the assortment of fun carnival rides EDC has to offer – right in the middle of ALL the action! There’s something to be said about spinning upside down, while Rusko & Armin van Buuren flood your ears.. it’s like being in a video game!
7. THE INSTALLATIONS: If you need a breath of fresh air or have some time to kill between sets, the interactive installations at EDC are some of the most creative and interesting you’ll see at any festival. Hop around the neon lily pads, warm up by the fire chutes, or sit in awe beneath the world’s biggest daisy. You could spend your entire weekend exploring and you still might not see them all!
8. THE VIBE: In a crowd of 300,000 people, you’re going to encounter very few that you don’t like. Most of the people you meet will be kind, helpful, and pretty f*cking fun to be around. You’ll likely bond with someone unexpected over your mutual appreciation for the music, and that’s always a good feeling.
9. THE POOL PARTIES: If dusk to dawn isn’t enough partying for you, the selection of pool parties happening on the LV strip will keep your schedule booked. EDC is one of the only places where you can watch your favorite DJs (or 3 of them) at the pool by day, and at the festival by night!
10. THE MEMORIES: One of the best parts about EDC is reliving the magic with your friends for weeks, months, sometimes YEARS after it’s over. It’s unreal how many memories you can make in just one weekend, and how long they’ll remain close to you.