Now I don’t know about you guys, but I get chills listening to Above and Beyond every.single.time. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing, where I am, whom I’m with, or if I’m having the worst day possible. They are one of the few artists that can make every problem go away with one drop of the bass or make my night even better as soon as “Alchemy” appears on my iPod.
The trio recently released a video for the fans conjuring up small moments they filmed during the Group Therapy tour and it delivers every bit of raw emotion you can experience during one of their shows; but of course, nothing is like the real thing.
Small moments are not only experienced at an Above and Beyond show, but at any EDM event you attend, even just listening to EDM, and you guys know exactly what I’m talking about! They are what keep us coming back for more, they keep us on our toes, sometimes they slow us down, sometimes they make us dance harder than we thought we could, and most of all, they make memories that hold us over until the next show. For instance….
1) Preparation. Picking outfits (for girls, and maybe a few of the guys) Putting make-up on. Checking if you have your ID, ticket, credit cards, and enough cash. Eating that last meal before you lose all of those calories dancing the night away.
2) Seeing the lights go off. As soon as the venue lights shut down, and the stage lights come on, there is a huge chill that writhes down our spines because we are finally there, the night we have been waiting for.
3) That one song. I don’t need to say anything about this.
4) Lyrics. As soon as we hear that beat and the lyrics come up, you look around to your friends or a stranger, wrap your arms around their shoulders, and start singing along. That is one of many times when we become one.
5) The build up and the drop. We go NUTS over this sh*t. Our hands start going up in the air, our feet start moving across the floor, and we scream like we’re begging for more.
6) Meeting new people. It doesn’t matter if you guys keep in contact after the show or never see each other again, they were part of your night, a memory was made, a bond, whether big or small, was formed. You guys shared a smile, a hug, a laugh. You sang or danced together, or both!
I know this list isn’t long but that’s because we want you guys to finish it, THE FANS. So tell us your small moments below!
Oh, and if you haven’t downloaded their free tune, you need to, right now!